Protecting your business from the ever-growing threat of cyber attack requires a multi-faceted approach. From developing and implementing cybersecurity policies and training programs, to ensuring device, application, and network security, there are a number of different factors to incorporate in your strategy. Overlooking even one component could leave your organization vulnerable.
This Business Cybersecurity Checklist provides you with a step-by-step guide to securing your business and its most valuable assets. Download a copy here, or keep reading for more!
Policies and Compliance
- Document company cybersecurity and BYOD policies
- Schedule regular employee training to ensure cybersecurity best practices are followed
- Identify industry-specific and regulatory compliance requirements for your business
- Perform regular risk assessments and proactively address cybersecurity gaps
- Ensure comprehensive cyber insurance coverage is in place
- Audit third party vendors that have access to your systems to ensure they are compliant with your cybersecurity policies
- Develop a response for security breaches and create a disaster recovery plan
- Install Mobile Device Management software on all company devices
- Ensure standardized device configuration is in place
- Install antivirus software on all company devices
- Actively monitor device inventory and health
- Proactively roll out patches, upgrades, and policies to all devices
- Enable Full Disk Encryption (FDE) on company devices
- Automate screen locks and ensure devices can be remotely locked and wiped in the event of loss or theft
- Implement an Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution for app permissions
- Enforce a policy of least privilege for app access
- Monitor file-sharing privileges and data protection compliance
- Deploy a password management solution
- Enforce Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for users who access email through a web app on a non-corporate device
- Enforce MFA to protect privileged user accounts
- Deploy an enterprise-wide Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) solution
- Deploy an enterprise-wide Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) product
- Implement a firewall to protect the company network
- Use a VPN for secure remote access to company networks
- Implement email encryption and spam filters
- Perform regular backups and ensure all data is encrypted
- Keep your backups separate from your network (offline), or in a dedicated cloud service
Need Help Implementing a Business Cybersecurity Checklist?
Applying each step of the business cybersecurity checklist can be a challenge, especially if you’re working with limited IT resources in-house. Electric’s team of cybersecurity experts are on hand to provide you with the guidance and solutions you need to defend your business from cyber attacks. Get in touch to learn more about enhancing cybersecurity at your organization.